Behind-the-Ear (BTE) Hearing Systems
Behind-the-Ear hearing instruments are inconspicuous and comfortable as they do what the name says: they sit behind the ear.
BTE hearing instruments are available in two variants: with a tube that delivers the sound from the hearing instrument into the ear, or with an external receiver that sits directly in the ear canal. BTE hearing instruments are available in different performance levels and in many individual colours and designs.
Components of hearing instrument
- Microphones – pick up the sound
- Receiver – transmits the sound
- Mini-chip – processes the sound in accordance with individual hearing needs
- Tube with earpiece – delivers the amplified sound to the ear
- Battery – powers the instrument